Please help me to spread a message that I am passionate about. Take a look at this contest and share it with your friends. I’m searching for inspirational stories to help launch my new website; a site that will reach out to encourage and empower all ages of people who have lived through damaging life experiences. My intent is to bring awareness and support to show how anyone can change their life, regardless of their age or past, and find the passion and drive to pursue their dreams. One person CAN make a difference. Can you? Click continue for contest details. Thanks, Casi
Our society breeds insecurity––Children who grow up to walk wounded though life, desperate to have their significance validated by someone; convinced they’re incapable or unworthy of success or happiness, and unable to pursue their dreams. Most have been abused, te…ased, bullied, ignored, rejected, abandoned or betrayed and they’re easily defeated by what life throws at them. I’m looking for inspirational stories of how you overcame your fears, reinvented yourself, changed your self-image or found the courage to pursue your own dreams.
First Place Winner
• Publication of your story. The first place story will be published on my new web site www.winglessbutterfly.com which will be launched public in May. The piece will be specially placed with those of the top 10 finalists. The story will also appear in excerpts or in its entirety on my blog. The First place winner may also have their story published in the upcoming sequel to Wingless Butterfly.
• $50 AMEX, Visa or MasterCard gift certificate will be awarded to the first place winner.
• First place winner will receive a personally signed first edition copy of my new book, Wingless Butterfly, Confessions of a Recovering Jerk-Magnet.
• First place winner will also receive a special gift copy of my “Pocket Guide to Jerks & Players.”
Second through Tenth Place
• Publication of your story. The top 10 finalists will have their stories published on my new web site www.winglessbutterfly.com which will be launched public in May. The stories will also appear in excerpts or in their entirety on my blog. The finalists may also have their story published in the upcoming sequel to Wingless Butterfly.
•All finalists will receive a special gift copy of my “Pocket Guide to Jerks & Players.”
• Contest is open to United States residents only.
• Author must be at least 18 of age on March 1, 2011.
• Author must provide accurate contact information including: first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
• Contest begins Monday, March 7th, 2011 and ends at midnight on Friday, April 15, 2011. All submissions must be received by the end date. Casi McLean’s computer clock governs stamp time.
• Author may change the names in his or her submission, but warrants that his/her story is true and he or she has exclusive rights to the previously unpublished entry.
• Manuscripts are limited to 2,000 words maximum. Manuscripts exceeding this word count will be disqualified.
• Winner and finalists will be announced on Saturday May 14, 2011. Emails will be sent to the winner and finalists. The contest results will be announced at my book launch party and will be available on my Facebook Author Page, so if you haven’t “liked” my Casi McLean-Author Page yet, be sure to go to: (http://on.fb.me/FBCasipage) and “like” my page so you can see the results.
• Please email all entries to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief author bio (a short paragraph), your contact information, and your original and previously unpublished story (with word count). Be sure to embed the story in the email and place the words “CONTEST ENTRY” in the subject box of your email. NOTE: ENTRIES SENT AS ATTACHMENTS WILL NOT BE OPENED OR ACCEPTED.
• Please retain your original document in Microsoft Word format as I will require winner and finalists to resubmit in this format.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Participation in this contest is entirely voluntary. Casi McLean, Inc. is not liable for any costs or damages related to this contest.
• By entering this contest, author explicitly (I) certifies that author meets the eligibility requirements as set forth in official rules; (II)grants to Casi McLean, Inc. the right to use and publish the original manuscript and biographical information provided by author during the competition;(III)represents and warrants that author owns and has exclusive rights to the entirety of the entry and has the right to grant to Casi McLean, Inc. the publishing rights to the submitted entry; (IV) represents and warrants that author has not used licensed material or any material owned by someone other than the author; and (V)represents and warrants that author’s entry is original and that the author has not copied or plagiarized the content or portions of text from other material.
• If any provision of this competition shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
• By entering this competition, author agrees that any and all disputes, claims, actions, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this competition or the prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Gwinnett County, Georgia. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and never shall include consequential, incidental, or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys’ fees or “costs.”